Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is it EVER going to snow?

I swear it just gets colder and colder every single day. I mean come on; if it’s going to be this cold I’d prefer some snow to be falling. It’s not even that I enjoy snow or winter in general; I just think that if it’s going to be the season of WINTER then it should look like winter. I’m sure many of the people who do recreational sports in the winter also agree with me. The lack of snow is preventing those people from participating in the activities in which they enjoy most during this season. Pretty soon Mount La Crosse along with many other places will just have to make snow if it never is going to fall. How are they supposed to make any money from the skiers and snowboarders if the weather doesn’t even cooperate? I know they have machines to make snow, but that costs money, so if it would just snow everything would be fine! 
For me, driving in snowy conditions is not something I enjoy that much. However, it does look pretty on the ground-until dirt gets mixed in or it starts melting, that is. I looked around online and found out that snow plow drivers can make anywhere from 24-58 dollars an hour. If that’s their only job during the winter they could be hurting for money until the snow starts to fall; and if it doesn’t snow, they don’t get paid. I also found out that if you work alone, plowing driveways for people, than the usual rate is around 25-30 dollars per driveway. Maybe I should invest in getting a junk truck with a plow and plow driveways for people. To make some extra cash sounds good to me! Oh wait, I forgot we don’t have any snow. So for now, i'm stuck waitressing at the job i love oh so very much :).

No comments:

Post a Comment